Progesterone and Snoring, Sleep, Sleep Apnea, Prostate Cancer, Erectile Dysfunction, Asthma, Lungs, MS, Strokes, ADD/ADHD, Brain Injury
‘Progesterone can also have beneficial effects on the lungs. It increases pulmonary gas-exchange and reduces alveolar CO2 pressure. Asthma patients treated with progesterone report fewer asthma attacks.
In my practice I have found that asthma patients treated with progesterone report fewer attacks, and overall patients report more undisturbed sleep and a significant reduction in snoring. Could sleep apnea be related to progesterone deficiency?
Important Properties and Effects of Progesterone
- Bone-trophic (bone building)
- Restores erections
- Protects from prostate hyperplasia and prostate cancer
- Supports thyroid function
- Normalizes glucose, zinc, and copper levels’
- (note: when taking progesterone orally, up to 80% of the progesterone can be lost through the liver)